Three Rivers Community College Mission Statement
Three Rivers is an accessible, affordable, and culturally diverse community college that meets varied educational needs by creating an environment that stimulates learning.
To accomplish its mission, Three Rivers Community College:
- offers post-secondary educational opportunities
- encourages life-long learning
- provides a well-rounded and rewarding educational experience with an emphasis on critical thinking, effective communication, and the College’s institutional values.
- fosters an appreciation of the natural and social sciences, humanities, technology and the arts
- helps students achieve their goals
- serves as a community resource for people and institutions within its service area
- delivers its services efficiently and measurably
- contributes to economic development of this region and the state.
Three Rivers Community College Vision Statement
Three Rivers Community College will be a college of choice with a reputation for innovation, quality, and accessibility, serving a dynamic student population.
CSCU Mission Statement
The Connecticut State Colleges & Universities (CSCU) contribute to the creation of knowledge and the economic growth of the state of Connecticut by providing affordable, innovative, and rigorous programs. Our learning environments transform students and facilitate an ever increasing number of individuals to achieve their personal and career goals.
Connecticut Community Colleges Mission Statement
As part of the Connecticut State Colleges & Universities (ConnSCU) system, the twelve Connecticut Community Colleges share a mission to make excellent higher education and lifelong learning affordable and accessible. Through unique and comprehensive degree and certificate programs, non-credit lifelong learning opportunities and job skills training programs, they advance student aspirations to earn career-oriented degrees and certificates and to pursue their further education. The Colleges nurture student learning and success to transform students and equip them to contribute to the economic, intellectual, civic, cultural and social well-being of their communities. In doing so, the Colleges support the state, its businesses and other enterprises and its citizens with a skilled, well-trained and educated workforce.